Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 5: Second Work Day

I don’t remember much about the second work day because I spent most of it asleep. I woke up with the group and took another trip to the bathroom. No good. My head was hurting, and I was dizzy. It felt like every muscle in my body had clenched down all at once. Walking was a task that took all my concentration and teeth-gritting. I couldn’t eat more than 1 bite of scrambled eggs. Ron (who else) gave me a pep talk, told me it was ok to feel sick and take a slow day. I hated to do it, but I told Max I just couldn’t go today. At least Ron was back up and at it.




The next thing I knew, it was lunchtime, which I didn’t eat. And I still didn’t have the energy to do more than count pills while the rest of the team worked. 125 bags later, I was exhausted and went back down to bed. As I was walking in, Louis came in with Ron in tow, that look on his face. He had pushed too far for too long. La Iglesia Jehova es mi Pastor held two sleeping sick people for the next few hours. Even after dinner, I stayed in or near bed. One noticeable difference was that there were no more unwanted trips to the bathroom. That’s weird. I didn’t know Cipro and Imodium would work that quickly. Tomorrow will tell the tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment