Since we left early, I wasn’t able to post general info about the trip before we departed. Instead, I’ll share it here:
We’re on our way to Paquila, Guatemala (pronounced pa-kee-LA, like tequila with the emphasis on the last syllable). While the community is near Mazatenango, it is not close enough to Pabeya for us to stay there. We will stay in Antigua on Saturday night, drive to Paquila on Sunday, and install stoves and water filters in Paquila Monday through Wednesday. On Thursday we will distribute dewormer and vitamins to the people in Paquila and then take a day trip to Pabeya on Friday for deworming and vitamins. We will travel back to Antigua on Saturday and fly out Sunday morning.
I am looking forward to seeing our old friends and to making new ones. On this trip, I know Max, his wife Shirley, Ron Sr., and Soracha. In the wee hours of Saturday morning, I was flooded with memories from last October when I heard Ron call me Kelly Girl, even though Kelly Boy wasn’t on this trip. I am reminded because I call him Ron Sr., even though Ron Jr. isn’t on the trip. You know you’ve been “adopted” when your nickname sticks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment